Thursday, October 8, 2026

Gamifying our Ability to Navigate a Globe

Ready Set Go 

let's practice a little geography before we blend art history and maps

Here's my suggestion: either go to geoguesser and try out a few quizzes or follow the steps I lay out below to find your level, and then 

Set your goal something like: 

I will achieve x levels past where I am before the end of fall break- 0 or1 or 2 or 3 levels.  Then, we'll set another. goal for a later date. 

Find your level: is step one easy?

Start with step one: continents

then: 

Continue with step two: continents and oceans

was that easy? if so, go on to

G20 nations

if not, stick with step 2 until it's easy.... if you get G20 nations down pat, go on to...

Step 4: 21 cities-- cartoon version

Step 5: 30 Most populous countries

Step 6: 35 most populous cities

Then: 

point out home countries of ten artworks we have studied in class this semester on the map below

Detailed World Map Robinson Asia-Australia centered | One Stop Map
Map of globe-- Asia centered

No comments: